BUY MORE PAY LESS
|Up to $11.60
|Up to $34.80
|Up to $69.60
|Up to $116.00
GRAZAX 75.000 SQ-T Oral Lyophilisate
It is used sublingually.
Standardized allergen extract from Timothy (Phleum pratense) grass pollen.
Each oral lyophilisate activity is expressed in “Standardized Quality unit-Tablet” (SQ-T). Each oral lyophilisate activity is 75,000 SQ-T.
1. What is GRAZAX and what is it used for?
GRAZAX contains a grass pollen allergen extract and is available in the form of white or off-white round oral lyophilisates (fast dissolving tablets) printed on one side. It is available in packages containing 30 or 100 oral lyophilisates. Contains fish-derived gelatin.
GRAZAX is used for the treatment of rhinitis (cold-like symptoms in the nose) and conjunctivitis (inflammation of the eyes) caused by grass pollen in adults and children (5 years and older). GRAZAX changes the course of your allergy disease by increasing your immune tolerance to grass pollen.
Children to be treated should be treated by doctors experienced in the treatment of allergic diseases in children.
Your doctor will evaluate your allergy symptoms and will do a skin test (prick test) or take your blood sample to decide whether GRAZAX can be used in your treatment.
It is recommended to take the first oral lyophilisate under medical supervision (20-30 minutes). This is a measure to assess the sensitivity of each patient to treatment and allows you to report any side effects you may experience to your doctor.
2.How to use GRAZAX?
• Always use GRAZAX as recommended by your doctor. If you are unsure of any situation, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
• The usual dose is one oral lyophilisate per day. For best effect, GRAZAX should be started 4 months before the expected start date of the grass pollen season. It is also recommended to continue the treatment for 3 years.
Application route and method
• GRAZAX is an oral lyophilisate. Before handling oral lyophilisates, make sure your hands are dry.
When using GRAZAX, follow the instructions below:
1. Tear off the marked strip on the top of the oral lyophilisate package.
2. Tear off a rectangle from the oral lyophilisate package along the perforated lines.
3. Do not force the oral lyophilisate out of the foil. Since the oral lyophilisate is easily broken, it can be damaged. Instead, bend the marked corner of the foil and remove the foil.
4. Carefully remove the oral lyophilisate and discard immediately.
5. Place the oral lyophilisate under your tongue and let it sit for a few seconds until it dissolves.
DO NOT SWALLOW FOR THE FIRST MINUTE.
Do not eat or drink anything for at least 5 minutes.
different age groups
Use in children
There is no experience with the use of GRAZAX in children younger than 5 years of age.
Use in the elderly
There is no experience with the use of GRAZAX in the elderly 65 years or older.
Special use cases
The use of GRAZAX is not expected to affect your kidney or liver function.
If you have the impression that the effect of GRAZAX is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you use more GRAZAX than you should
If you have taken doses higher than the recommended daily dose, there may be other allergic manifestations in addition to the local allergic manifestations in your mouth and throat. If you experience severe symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
If you have used more than you should use from GRAZAX, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to use GRAZAX
If you forget to take the oral lyophilisate, take it later on the same day.
3. What are the possible side effects?
Like all medicines, there may be side effects in people who are sensitive to the substances in the content of GRAZAX.
Side effects may be an allergic response to the allergen you are being treated for. In most patients, side effects persist within minutes to hours of ingestion of each oral lyophilisate and subside within a week.
If any of the following occur, stop using GRAZAX and IMMEDIATELY inform your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
- Rapid swelling of the face, mouth or throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty in breathing
- Itchy rash
- Sound changes
- Worsening of your existing asthma
- Severe discomfort
If you experience persistent chest burning, consult your doctor.
These are all very serious side effects.
If you have one of these, you have a serious allergy to GRAZAX. You may need emergency medical attention or hospitalization.
Side effects are listed as shown in the following categories:
Very common: may occur in at least 1 in 10 patients.
No customer reviews for the moment.