|2||$32.00||Up to $2.56|
|3||$32.00||Up to $7.68|
|4||$32.00||Up to $15.36|
|5||$32.00||Up to $25.60|
METILER (Methergine) 0.125 mg Dragee To be taken orally.
Each dragee contains 0.125 mg of methylergonovine maleate.
Lactose monohydrate, potato starch, gelatin, magnesium stearate, talc, sugar, calcium carbonate, dextrose monohydrate, tartrazine.
1. What is METILER (Methergine) and what is it used for?
• METILER (Methergine) belongs to a group of drugs (prostaglandins/oxytosics) that cause uterine contraction.
• METILER (Methergine) is a yellow, flat round dragee. Each box contains 25 dragees.
• METILER (Methergine) is used in the prevention and treatment of abortion, cesarean section or postpartum uterine bleeding due to the inability of the uterus to contract and return to its pre-pregnancy state, incomplete abortion, accelerate the expulsion of the uterine contents, and in the absence of leucine (the discharge from the uterus after birth).
2. How to use METILER (Methergine)?
Instructions for proper use and dose/frequency of administration
2 dragees of METİLER (Methergine) are used 2 or 3 times a day.
Application route and method
METILER (Methergine) is taken orally.
The drug is taken on a full stomach with a glass of water.
different age groups
Use in children
The safety and efficacy of METILER (Methergine) in children has not been adequately studied.
Use in the elderly
There are no clinical studies with sufficient numbers of patients 65 years of age and older for the safety and efficacy of METILER (Methergine) in the elderly. Since elderly patients may have decreased liver, kidney and heart functions, treatment should be started at the lowest dose range.
Special use cases
Kidney failure / Liver failure
It should not be used in kidney and liver diseases.
If you have the impression that the effect of METILER (Methergine) is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you take more METILER (Methergine) than you should
If you have used more than you should use from METILER (Methergine), talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
3. What are the possible side effects?
Like all medicines, there may be side effects in people who are sensitive to the substances in the content of METILER (Methergine).
If any of the following occur, stop using METILER (Methergine) and IMMEDIATELY inform your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency department:
• Shortness of breath
• Pain in the chest
• Pain, redness, swelling around the vein (thrombophlebitis)
• Blurring of consciousness
• Spasm or seizure
These are all very serious side effects.
If you have one of these, you have a serious allergy (hypersensitivity) to METILER (Methergine). You may need emergency medical attention or hospitalization.
Headache and seizure occur in one out of a hundred people. Except for headache and seizure, all serious side effects are very rare (less than 1 in ten thousand people).
If you notice any of the following, tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital emergency department:
• Low blood pressure
• Blood in the urine (hematuria)
• Water poisoning
• Pale hands and feet
• Weakness in the feet
• Abnormal sweating
• Nasal congestion
All these are serious side effects. Emergency medical attention may be required.
High blood pressure occurs in one out of a hundred people. Serious side effects other than high blood pressure are very rare (less than 1 in ten thousand people).
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
• Ringing in the ears
• Itching on the skin
• Skin rash
• Rust taste on the tongue
4. Before you use METILER (Methergine)
DO NOT USE METILER (Methergine) in the following conditions
• If you have high blood pressure,
• If you are pregnant,
• If you are hypersensitive to methylergonovine maleate or any of the excipients contained in METİLER (Methergine),
• If you are using protease inhibitor, azole group fungicide or macrolide group antibiotics,
• If you have an infection such as pregnancy poisoning (preeclampsia, eclampsia, which can be seen during pregnancy, protein excretion in the urine, high blood pressure, edema, seizures), puerperal fever, to induce labor or dangerous spontaneous abortion,
METILER (Methergine) should not be used.
USE METILER (Methergine) CAREFULLY in the following situations
• If you have cardiovascular diseases
• If you have an occlusive vascular disease
• If you have kidney and liver diseases
If these warnings apply to you, even at any time in the past, please
consult your doctor.
No customer reviews for the moment.